Smart House Tek™
The New Brunswick Community College – Centre for Applied Research in Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing
The NBCC Mobile Technology initiative (MFTi) collaborated with Saint John, New Brunswick company Senior Watch Inc to develop a novel and proprietary technology to aid families and care givers in providing in-home care for seniors.
home first, mobile ICT for seniors
Smart House Tek™ is a comprehensive, proprietary model of mobile services for supporting the care of vulnerable people – typically seniors -- living at home or in isolated areas developed by Senior Watch Inc, a company based in Saint John, New Brunswick. Their model is a proprietary design based on the company's 25+ years of providing home care services and training.
MFTi has developed several prototypes for Senior Watch Inc that implement fundamental elements of the Smart House Tek™ model. The overall goals of this research for MFTi are to address the need for innovations that enable aging as a positive experience and foster age-friendly communities.
- Rezk Bouras & Patrick Glenn, NBCC Research Technicians & Alumni, Saint John & Moncton.
- Dennis Metcalfe, NBCC Instructor of Information Technology, Moncton.
- Jean Mowatt, CEO of Senior Watch Inc., Saint John, New Brunswick
- National Research Council of Canada – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC–IRAP)
- National Sciences and Engineering Research Council - Industrial Research Chair for Colleges
William McIver Jr., Ph.D.
NSERC Industrial Research Chair in Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing
Centre for Applied Research in Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing
New Brunswick Community College
| © Copyright 2017 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
The New Brunswick Community College – Centre for Applied Research in Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing is supported by
the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.